Record to Report and Procure to Pay Global Process Owner
Record to Report and Procure to Pay (R2R
/P2P) Global Process Owner
The R2R/P2P Global Process Owner (GPO) role is responsible for the end-to-end strategic design, implementation, and operational delivery of the following sub processes:
- R2R: general ledger, global chart of accounts, prof it/cost centres and other organizational structure,master data, intercompany, fixed assets, forex, banking (including e-banking), financial close and consolidation, account reconciliations and operational reporting.
- P2P: procurement and vendor payment processes, expense management, invoice management,
management of vendor payment terms, and bank payment instructions.
- Drive the evaluation of current regional processes, legal, language, fiscal, regulatory (LLFR) and technology requirements to design a set of standard global processes to meet stakeholder needs.
- Create enterprise-level R2R/P2P policies, procedures, RACIs, KPIs, workforce planning, governance and interaction models etc., and their consistent application across regions.
- Drive the change adoption within regions to avoid minimal deviation from process in line with agreed LLFR requirements.
- Collaborate with IT and external vendors to ensure that business requirements are translated
appropriately into future-orientated technology solutions.
- Refine and adopt the R2R/P2P strategy in line with industry and firm requirements.
- Ensure the consistent operational delivery of the end-to-end R2R/P2P processes with regard to new and existing client work.
- Lead technical R2R/P2P escalations and issue resolution.
- Manage operational efficiency and allocation of resources across the R2R/P2P processes.
- Work with the regions and Business Process Outsourcer to ensure teams are performing efficiently and effectively in line with defined controls and performance metrics (KPIs, SLAs, etc.) to measure services delivery.
- Work with other GPOs to design and implement standard reporting tools to provide regular reporting on the functions' operations to the key stakeholders.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the R2R/P2P processes and performance management through benchmarking and keeping current with best practices, new technologies and approaches.
- Act as a change agent to lead a culture of self -assessment and ensure frequent review and updates to processes, policy and procedure documentation.
- Lead R2R/P2P transformation projects, including business case development, leadership approval, design and implementation of new tools and technologies.
- On a regular basis, review, refine and enhance all SLAs and KPIs relating to the R2R/P2P process areas, and imbed and monitor performance related metrics proactively ensuring high performance.
- Ensure that changes are communicated, and training given to the right target audience/ user base.
- Ensure process documentation, including standard operating procedures and training materials are accurately maintained.
- Review and sign off changes to the process with appropriate senior engagement as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting .
- Post-graduate degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience as R2R and/or P2P GPO or in financial operations leadership role in a multinational professional services organization, or law firm.
- Experience with implementation of expense and/or invoice management system(s), such as Chrome River, Concur, etc. is desired.
- Previous experience with Shared Service Centres or Business Process Outsourcers preferred
- Prior experience in working with cash and accrual-based accounting preferred.
Technical & Specialist Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands on working knowledge of SAP FI/CO/BPC modules
- Experience with implementation of expense and/or invoice management system(s), e.g., Chrome River, Concur, etc. Is desired.
- Experience with intercompany accounting and settlement processes
- Advanced project management skills and working knowledge of continuous process improvement methodologies
- Occasional travel may be required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong consensus-building skills
- Exerts confidence and credibility
- Comfortable in challenging the status quo
- Cross-functional/ geographic relationship, team and process management
- Expert stakeholder management skills
- Ability to drive change and influence outcomes
- Comfortable working with cross-jurisdictional teams across multiple time zones
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'