The Palatinate Group is an exciting, fast growing niche travel group based in Farringdon and employs over 290 staff. Its key brands are Your Golf Travel, SpaBreaks.com, OutOfOffice.com, LoveVelo and RacingBreaks.com
Your Golf Travel is a multi-award winning, high-growth company which now boasts the title of being the World’s largest golf travel provider in just 10 years of trading, having booked 500,000 golfers and tee-times across 24 countries worldwide each year.
The group is looking for a Reconciliations Clerkto strengthen the Finance Team in partnering with all areas of the business to maximise all growth opportunities.
The Management Team is focused on the continued expansion of the group and positioning the Group as the leading niche travel operator. It is imperative the Reconciliations Clerk is comfortable working in a very fast paced environment, and delivering accurate and effective information to tight deadlines.
The Role - Reconciliations Clerk
The Reconciliation Clerk will provide essential controls around all aspects of cash within the business. Responsibilities will be in relation to both Your Golf Travel and SpaBreaks.com.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts across a number of currencies
- Reconciliation of cash receipts between booking system, card acquirer and bank account
- Post all bank receipts to Sage 200
- Work with wider finance team and business to ensure all transactions are posted to cashbook to enable reconciliation
- Post all BACS receipts to booking system
- Developing and maintaining up to date procedural documentation and identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Administering and record keeping for bank account opening and closing
- Maintaining up to date and accurate cash management processes to ensure adequate account funding
- Calculation of daily figures and intra account transfers
- Reconciling petty cash
- Submissions in relation to chargebacks
- Manage the demands of key stakeholders within the business and develop strong relationships
- Banking of any cheques received
- Assisting with cashflow forecasting
- Other adhoc duties as required
Candidate BackgroundCandidates should have / be
- Intermediate Excel user (Vlookups, Sumif, Pivot etc.)
- Previous bank reconciliation experience
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping is essential
- Experience of Sage 200 would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritise workloads with minimal supervision
- Bank Accounts
- Bank Reconciliation
- Cash Management
- Cash Receipts