Position Description Overview
The position would report directly into the Settlement Director and would manage the control aspects impacting the department such as review and sign off of daily reconciliations and settlement processes, internal/external audits, Business Continuity Planning, bank and technical access, ensuring process documentation updated and maintaining metrics.
- Management review and sign off of daily processes - reconciliations, forecasts, balancing processes.
- Management review and sign off of monthly reconciliations
- Manage audits for the department - internal, statutory, SOX, accounting oversite
- Track any findings and ensure remediation is kept on track.
- Manage process documentation and ensure kept up to date (SOX, SOPs etc)
- Assist in authorisation of manual payments and payment files.
- Manage the gathering of meaningful metrics
- Manage BCP process for department.
- Accounting, Finance or Statistics background.
- Extensive audit and/or reconciliation experience.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Access, Word, PPT and Visio.
- Payment Industry experience desired.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Problem Solving skills.
- Ability to understand processes and conduct root cause analysis.
- Task oriented.
Scope of Job
- Manage daily/monthly reconciliation processes, research, and root-cause analysis for identified reconciling items.
- Track and report the assignment, management and resolution of breaks for all reconciliations implemented including aging metrics and pattern identification.
- Manage communication with reconciliation leads and Business Segment points of contact for break resolution and research.
- Provide recommendations for enhancements to the Reconciliation and operational processes based on findings
- Manage interface with Controls to escalate control deficiencies and operational incidents found through the reconciliation process.
- Track progress and expand reconciliation scope for the respective Business Segment or Region.
About First Data
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Operations and Call Centre functions are focused on providing the outstanding client service, support and experiences that are critical to our ongoing success. Our Operations owner-associates are responsible for the stability of our global network infrastructure by helping our financial institution clients with various aspects of transaction processing, including statement management, card production and ticket-issue resolution. Our Call Centre owner-associates are often the first point of contact for our business clients, and they play an important role in driving client satisfaction. They are responsible for answering questions and resolving problems on a wide range of issues, including account activation inquiries, potential fraudulent activity and our full range of products and services.
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer