Temporary Receptionist needed for 10 weeks cover.
Berry Recruitment are working with a client seeking a receptionist and clerical assistant to provide a professional and efficient service for the Reception of their headquarters in Exeter
As a receptionist you main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To provide a professional and efficient service for the Reception and Post Room at Service Headquarters, completing all duties to a high standard in accordance with our Values.
- Operating switchboard in a professional and efficient manner, routing incoming calls to the correct person, taking messages and referring them to the correct Officer as soon as possible.
- Answering enquiries at the reception desk and informing the Officer required, who should attend at reception. Issuing Visitors Passes.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with deliveries, both incoming and outgoing.
- General clerical assistance to be carried out within the reception office, commensurate with the grade of the post, as directed by the Democratic Services Officer.
To be successful in this Receptionist role you will need the following key competencies:
- Proven skills in verbal and written communication.
- Proven administration, organisational and time management skills.
- Proven experience of working with MS Office software packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to appropriately recognise, respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to organise electronic and manual information systems to include carry forward systems.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public both face to face and on the telephone
- Experience in operating a switchboard.
- Ability to work in a potentially demanding environment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Professional in conduct.
- High level of self-motivation.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'