My client based in Windermere is seeking a full time Receptionist (40 hours per week) working shifts. Rota's are given out weekly. Shifts are 7am to 3pm or 2pm to 10pm. Must be available 7 days per week. Must be a driver due to location.
Hotel receptionists' welcome guests as they arrive at the Hotel. Their duties include checking guests in and out, issuing keys, taking reservations by telephone or email, preparing bills and dealing with payments. They provide guests with information, answer their queries and deal with complaints. Hotel Receptionists also provide a clear line of communication to all departments to ensure guests have the most enjoyable stay.
- Deal with enquiries and room reservations made via telephone, online or email.
- Greet guests as they arrive at the hotel.
- Check in guests using our Rezlynx System, ensuring all details are up to date and in line with GDPR.
- Show guests to rooms and explain all amenities of the hotel and the bedroom en-route.
- Keep accurate records of all future, past and current guests.
- Understand all available packages and offer to assist with enquiries.
- Forward checking reservations to prevent any errors or omissions.
- Forward any necessary information to the relevant departments (Housekeeping, Accounts, Restaurant, Kitchen & Management).
- Provide guests with information about local attractions and places of interest, or nearby activities.
- Ensure any additional extras for rooms are charged and ordered correctly (newspapers, flowers, taxis, etc.).
- Deal with bills on the morning of check out to ensure accounts are settled prior to departure.
- Deal with any post for staff, or guests. Sign for parcels and ensure they are received by the intended recipient.
- Utilise sales skills and knowledge to upsell to a higher category or an additional night.
- Take Lunch, Afternoon Tea, or Dinner reservations from guests.
- In the event of an emergency, assist the Duty Manager with evacuating the hotel and communicate with the emergency services.
- Check the takings during the shift to ensure that accounts are able to take the money to the bank.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the company.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'