Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Working between the hours of 07.00-22.00, including some weekends.
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Our client is an award-winning leadership development and executive education centre with its own purpose designed residential creative learning environment set in the grounds of Churchill College, University of Cambridge.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist:
- To consistently delivers high levels of customer service to their clients, providing information as requested about them..
- To provide a professional meet and greet service to their guests as they arrive, which is often based outside the main entrance to ensure a positive arrival experience and to provide appropriate directions.
- Managing relevant tasks for a successful check in and out process of all guests.
- To ensure that bedroom reservations are taken in the appropriate manner, using the correct procedures.
- Support the events team in taking bedroom reservations for events, processing pre-payments and confirming reservations.
- To provide support in researching new business opportunities and competitor analysis.
- To liaise with relevant departments about updates, in a timely fashion, to ensure that guests needs are met or exceeded.
- To deal with complaints effectively and with diplomacy.
- To deal appropriately with all incoming calls through the main switchboard.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of guests, property, the building and cash.
- To ensure that all postings, revenue and income is balanced daily, and the float is checked on each shift and change is ordered when necessary.
- Sending invoices for B&B bookings and dealing with no show charges.
- Updating all booking systems with the availability of the bedroom stock and closing full dates daily.
- Managing lost property items, contacting guests, sending items and sorting these out at the end of the month.
- To ensure that all-incoming and outgoing mail is dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that maintenance requests are reported to the relevant departments.
- To attend and participate in all meetings as required ensuring a proactive approach to the internal and external client, sustainability, health and safety and upcoming business.
Requirements of the Receptionist:
They are looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our existing Reception team. You will be committed to delivering a consistent, professional service and will strive to exceed our customer's expectations at every opportunity.
Efficient and effective planning and organisational skills are required along with exceptional administration skills and attention to detail.
A high level of literacy and numeracy skills are required as well as a strong understanding of Microsoft Office and database software. The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team is essential.
Experience in a dynamic hotel or similar environment, as well as experience in reservations is highly desirable.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Receptionist, then please apply now!
Closing date: 7 February 2020
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'