Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
£16,975 per annum (rising to £17,869 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 Hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Students and Sanctuary Addenbrookes manage accommodation for over 11,500 students and key workers across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with Universities and hospital trusts to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to students and key workers across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow. In Cambridge we manage key worker, student and on call accommodation for Addenbrookes Hospital staff as well as hostel accommodation for relatives and patients.
Our reception team assists with the service delivery of the onsite accommodation for our customers at Addenbrookes Hospital. This role will include dealing with tenant queries, taking rent payments, recording and reporting repairs, dealing with contractors and visitors to the site, dealing with telephone and email enquiries in a fast paced environment.
The role of Receptionist will include –
- Effective delivery of high quality administration and reception services including dealing with bookings for on call accommodation bookings
- Providing clear guidance to customers enquiries via email, telephone and face to face
- Taking repair requests from tenants and receiving rent payments
- Issuing keys to contractors and getting updates for the team on repairs from the contractors
- Monitoring the mailbox and responding appropriately
- Dealing with calls from current and prospective tenants and service users.
Skills and experiences –
- Previous experience within a similar reception or administrative role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deal with challenging customers and queries
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail and a friendly, approachable manner
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with cash handling
- Confident user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 24 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'