Bishopsgate Law is a very modern, growing law practice.
We are looking for a Receptionist at our Potters Bar Office.
We operate a very organised, hard-working and beautiful office. We aspire to be tidy and paperless.
We’re highly ambitious - it’s a very exciting time to work for us and anyone joining will be taking part in the building of a very successful company.
+ Full time (we may accept part-time applicants)
+ 08:50 - 17:40, with one hour lunch break (either between 12:00-13:00 or 14:00-15:00)
+ Salary is 19,000 - 20,000pa
+ 6 weeks holiday inclusive of bank/national holidays
+ Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
This job has the potential to lead to either an assistant practice manager role or legal assistance role, or even both, but such opportunities are not guaranteed and will probably not present themselves for at least a year into this position.
- Taking all telephone calls to our general number.
- Entering every call to our general number and email to our public email address into a contact log spreadsheet, specifying how the caller found out about us if the call is a new enquiry.
- Overseeing our calendars and booking all appointments. We use Outlook.
- Collecting and scanning all daily post in, saving each item into its digital folder and emailing the post to the recipient or relevant department.
- Entering the basic information of all new senders of received post into our contacts database and overseeing this database.
- Organising, franking and sending daily post out.
- Keeping the reception area, meeting room and kitchen in a clean, tidy state.
- Taking and receipting all card, cash and cheque payments.
- Overseeing the public email address and forwarding emails to the relevant person/department and replying to said emails when appropriate.
- Overseeing our main printer/scanner/copier, sorting various printed documents into departmental trays.
- Occasionally scanning and/or organising large files for management or fee earners.
- Greeting clients warmly (with their name if known) and occasionally making hot drinks for them.
- Dealing with clients who may be going through extremely difficult and stressful times in their lives and being able to handle their distress or impatience, maintaining a polite and bright manner and mood.
- Calling clients or our phone / IT support providers when needed.
- Explaining administrative/ procedural things to clients. E.g., the acceptable forms of ID they need to bring or the costs of basic transactions (such as swearing an oath, having a basic will written, etc.) when it is a clear case.
- Generally following complicated procedures that keep us legally compliant and administratively assisting our legal and management staff.
- Can drive, be driven or walk to work should trains or buses not be running as usual.
- The ideal candidate will be looking to stay in this position for a year or more.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent customer service and phone manner
- Impeccable time-keeping
- Highly reliable / brilliant attendance
- Professionalism - sharply-dressed / well-presented / project decorum
- First class written and spoken English
- Organisational / admin skills
- Competent at IT - this job will involve using Outlook, Word, Excel and the successful candidate will be trained on our case management software
- Competent at typing
- Understanding confidentiality and some understanding or experience of the legal profession
- Very tidy, clean & organised
- Friendly and a good team-worker!
- Calm and cool under pressure
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Receptionist Duties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"