We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Newcastle for their search for a Receptionist. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till May 2018.
- Act as first point of contact for researchers, scientific, technical, admin and other staff, visitors and delivery people, providing an efficient and friendly reception service and ensuring a high quality of customer care is delivered at all times.
- Respond to telephone enquiries, either resolve the enquiry directly or ensure the efficient transfer of calls to appropriate personnel.
- Operate a room booking system and order refreshments as required.
- Participate in a system for dealing with post which involves collecting, sorting and distributing to ensure that all post is in the appropriate place which may involve re-directing.
- Receiving and accepting deliveries and ensuring they are forwarded to relevant staff members and delivery notes are returned and actioned.
- Manage the daily operation for photocopiers and fax machines, ordering stock and reporting repairs as necessary.
- Arranging transport for visitors and allocation of car parking spaces where appropriate.
- Participating in duties common to the efficient running of work place, to ensure a full service is maintained.
- Participating in cross-cover arrangements with other reception staff to ensure absences are covered and service is maintained throughout.
- Either academic or vocational qualifications to the level of GCSE Grades A-C, NVQ2, or RSA including a minimum Grade C in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to develop a sound understanding of the research aims and objectives of the researchers and how these fit with Faculty strategy.
- Organisational skills
- Prioritisation skills - ability to work quickly and accurately to deadlines
- High level of skill with Microsoft Office packages and databases
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Take a flexible attitude to work demands and customers
- Customer focussed approach
- To observe confidentiality at all times
- Be able to work effectively in a team and relate well to others.
- Experience of Microsoft Office software.