Receptionist - Guildford
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: Flexible hours between the hours of 7am - 8pm.
£19,000 - £21,000
To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all clients, visitors and colleagues to ensure maximum efficiency, utilisation and seamless delivery of front of house duties and services.
- Offering excellent customer service to assist in increasing client satisfaction levels
- Communicating effectively and empathetically with all clients, colleagues and external contacts.
- Ensuring that feedback is received from the client
- Production of statistics as required by the Team Leader.
- Keeping the reception and waiting areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Managing Visitors Book and Permits to Work File to ensure all visitors and contractors are signed in/out and the appropriate member of staff who they are visiting/to whom they are reporting is aware they have arrived.
- Reporting maintenance and cleaning issues as they occur in the appropriate books, liaising with the Maintenance Technician and/or cleaning staff to ensure immediate action is taken in line with Health & Safety
- Opening and/or closing the reception area.
- Monitoring the security camera and reporting any adverse activity to the Manager.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls directing the caller to the appropriate staff member. Taking messages when necessary.
- Greet clients and check them in using appropriate reporting tools
- Ensure that all new clients fill in a Registration Form.
- Liaise with clients and relatives in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Receive and distribute the post daily.
- Organise the booking of taxis
- Receive deliveries when necessary.
- Ordering of office stationery.
- Help out with mail shots, marketing packs etc when required.
- Responsible for ensuring refreshment bay is kept well supplied. Remove used cups from reception area. Place order for new disposable cups/biscuits when required.
- Scanning Purchase Orders/Invoices as requested.
- Update log in sheets with new employees/print sheets for the week.
- Book clients in for follow-up appointments
- Order Consultant lunches
- Check and approve the catering invoice for consultant lunches.
- Flexibility with start and finish times so that reception is covered efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Customer Pledge and undertaking Customer care training as required.
Service Quality and Governance
- Strive to ensure the hospital has a reputation for being a Centre of Excellence
- Strive at all times to ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ensure awareness of CQC policies and updates, attending all mandatory update courses
- To participate with the team in projects and open evenings as required.
- To follow correct procedures for documenting and reporting any accident or incident.
Communication and data protection
- To observe client confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- To ensure effective communication at all times with clients, staff and others, in a manner that is consistent with their level of understanding, culture and background, seeking advice and assistance when appropriate.
- To ensure that all communication takes place in a manner that is consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Accepts responsibility for developing own knowledge and skills
- Attend all mandatory training courses when arranged.
- Attend regular meetings and annual appraisals with including developing and fulfilling a personal development plan.