An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in eyecare and to be part of a dynamic and evolving business. Join this results driven team as a Receptionist for our Kingston Office (60 people). This is an ongoing contract position with hourly rate paid through an agency (working 35hrs a week on an ongoing basis). You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day delivery of our Reception services. This role will suit a proactive, hands-on self-starter, seeking a varied and challenging role.
- You will provide a comprehensive receptionist service to all visitors, clients and internal/external customers to Bausch & Lomb (140 UK staff).
- You will ensure switchboard is manned between 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- You will answer telephone calls professionally, quickly and efficiently
- You have excellent organizational skills that encompass distributing daily post, arranging couriers, taxis etc. as and when required
- You will undertake Post Room duties: ensuring tidiness, accurate franking, security and accuracy of deliveries as well as alerting departments to packages arriving in reception for collection
- You will order Meeting Hospitality if and when requested
- You will ensure Ground Floor Meeting Rooms are in order and ready for use and manage room bookings from our tenant (Kingston University)
- You will order all Stationery
- You will undertake any other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Office Manager
Skills / Qualifications:
- You have proven reception experience ideally gained within a commercial business
- You are comfortable using a switchboard (particularly Avaya-one X)
- You have a highly professional telephone and interpersonal manner
- You are an extremely polished team player
- You have immaculate and highly presentable personal presentation
- You have a mature nature and approach to your work
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You are exceptionally customer service orientated
- You have proficient computing skills including Word, Excel and Outlook Email
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on "people, attitude and results", we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a "get up and go" attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a "small company" mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the Bausch + Lomb site to complete your application.
- Customer Service