Receptionist is required for this front-line representative for switchboard/telephone calls and for all external/internal visitors including staff, clients and contractors. We are looking for someone who will be welcoming, professional and respond well to telephone enquiries and help with any face to face queries by screening, pointing calls and distributing correspondence to the most appropriate department/staff member in the most efficient way.
This role reports to the Facilities Manager and is responsible for the operational activities ensuring the smooth running of Reception, facilities and premises and any building issues for example reactive repairs are logged and followed up as necessary.
A requirement of this role is to be multi-skilled, hands-on, have a can-do attitude and be flexible as they will be involved in the move to the new office; they will be a champion for process improvement as the Company grows.
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors and telephone calls to Salmon Limited ensuring a presentable and professional manner at all times
- Ensure all staff, visitors and clients work in a neat and pleasant environment ensuring that Reception/ kitchens/storage/print rooms/stationery cupboard areas and around the building are clear and tidy
- Ensuring all external and internal clients are provided with the best possible service
- Provide support as necessary to the Facilities Manager, the facilities/premises and admin functions
- Ensure the Reception manual is up to date and reflects current processes
- Manage a busy calendar, including all meeting room bookings and arranging teleconferencing facilities as required
- Set up/down of client meeting rooms to ensure they are prepared for refreshments/lunches and are carefully stocked and maintained with the appropriate equipment and facilities before, during and after meetings. Work with Salmon staff when organising client meeting refreshments, liaising with our external provider for working lunches/breakfasts to ensure a high standard of service is always given
- Monitor and manage office supplies including stationery, facilities, catering, printing and any other miscellaneous equipment is stocked and replenished as necessary using preferred supplies and ensuring good value for money is achieved
- Logging and creating Purchase Orders for facilities and IT
- Manage security access cards for staff and visitors and ensuring the appropriate systems are up to date complying with data protection
- Manage the administration of staff lockers
- Book couriers and taxis for visitors and clients
- Carry out ad hoc staff travel bookings promptly and keep travellers informed of details as appropriate
- Maintaining the coffee machine and ensuring milk distribution
- Manage the smooth running of post in and out of the location
- Fire Warden (training will be provided)
- Manual handling (training will be provided)
- Ad hoc projects as required
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The bit we need you to be really great at:
- At least 12 months experience as a Receptionist, talented, multi-skilled, enthusiastic, have good attention to detail and professional.
- Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft systems, Outlook, Word and Excel as well as the ability to use other systems such as security software.
- Flexible with occasional working out of hours
- Hard-working, committed, self-driven, able to use initiative, to meet all reporting deadlines and to anticipate and respond very quickly to business requirements
- Always friendly, approachable and presentable
- Customer service focused
- A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone.
- Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple streams of activity
- Always demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly, and be cooperative and supportive to all levels of management and staff
- Ability to build good relationships, both internally and externally, whilst maintaining professionalism, control and integrity
- Prepared to support/cover other administrative roles when required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Able to work independently
- Competent use of office equipment to assist clients and colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
Salmon is an award-winning global digital ecommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art ecommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best…Audi UK, Argos, Sainsburys’, Selfridges, Ted Baker and many more.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our client happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are honest and straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do and we are proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all and trust and empower our people and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, so we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more Women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best ecommerce sites in the world.
Want to find out more about Salmon and our clients?
- Facilities Management
- General Admin