Heart Healthcare are currently looking for a Receptionist to work in a busy private hospital in Guildford.
Hours: 37.5 (Monday- Saturday)
Salary: £19k- £23k
Location: Guildford, GU2
Our client's passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UK's most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
Our client have their very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country - searching for the next best thing for patients.
To be part of a multi-disciplined team contributing to the activity of the patient services team. Responsibilities of the role will include: providing cover at the main hospital reception, being the first point of contact for patients and all other hospital visitors both in person and over the telephone, greeting patients and visitors at reception in a professional manner, supporting the patient services team by assisting with patient queries before, and following consultation, billing, general administration support to patient services team. To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment.
What you'll do
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls directing the caller to the appropriate staff member. Taking messages when necessary.
- Greet patients and check them in using appropriate reporting tools (DGL / Paper schedules).
- Liaise with patients and relatives in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Ensure that patients in the reception area are managed pro-actively at all times and kept informed of any delays.
- Ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and well stocked at all times
- Learning and participating in the Livsey Solar approach to customer and patient service and using these principles to provide exemplary standards of patient care.
- Consistently follow the procedure for meeting and greeting all patients to ensure they receive a good welcome and are fully informed of what their visit will entail.
- Support the management of relationships between patients and Consultants/Surgeons/Optometrists.
- Receive and distribute the post daily.
- Organise the booking of taxi’s for patients.
- Receive deliveries when necessary.
- Ordering of office stationery.
- Franking of outgoing mail, ad hoc clerical duties.
- Co-ordinate and support promotional events e.g. open evenings
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Patient Liaisons (including annual leave/sickness cover where appropriate)
- Awareness of CQC policies and updates, and following correct procedures for documenting and reporting any incident
- Support the Patient and Clinical Services teams in preparation for CQC visits.
- To observe patient confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- To ensure effective communication at all times with patients, relatives, carers, visitors, staff and others
What you'll need
- Well organised, able to prioritise and cope well with pressure
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to act as a resource for colleagues & staff
- Good IT skills ie good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a front of house/face to face customer service role
- Experience of customer billing/accounts is useful
- Private Healthcare experience is desirable.
- Professional and caring attitude
- Flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Pro-active and assertive
- Diplomatic and empathetic approach
- Articulate, well-mannered and well presented
- Commitment to excellence and excellent customer care
- Confident with senior colleagues, clinicians and key suppliers
To apply to this fantastic vacancy or for more information simply click below and one of our consultants will call you- we'll always speak to you before submitting your CV to the client as this will help you get a better understanding of the role.
We hope to speak to you soon!
- Microsoft Office
- Telephone Manner
- Receptionist Duties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job