Our Client is a well-respected Christian organisation looking for someone who shares similar values to join their team in Oxford. Initially starting on a temporary basis with a review for a permanent job offer after 12 weeks depending on the candidates performance.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team as well as independently. It is important the individual will have a calm and professional manner as well as being friendly and approachable.
- Greet guests / visitors upon arrival and carry out general reception duties
- First point of telephone contact for callers; answering phone calls in a professional manner
- Act as cover for the other member's duties, as trained and on request
- General assistant and diary management
- Manage emails and correspondence, field calls and enquiries
- Carry out general filing, printing, creation of Word / PowerPoint documents for events and presentations, etc.
- Monitor the main mailbox and other mailboxes on request and with guidance, answer and forward, as required
- To understand and follow all the organisation's IT policies and procedures ensuring full compliance, and to help promote these policies within the organisation
- To respect and maintain the confidentiality of the processed material and ensure that any regulations concerning security or confidentiality (such as safeguarding passwords) are complied with
- When carrying out duties and responsibilities, act in keeping with the Community's Christian character and culture
- Clear enhanced DBS check and clean driving license essential
- Good command of written and spoken English and experienced in all aspects of office administration
- Previous experience as a receptionist / PA / office administrator, highly desirable.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Occasionally but infrequently required to work outside normal hours or to travel
- Ability and willingness to work on complex and simple tasks simultaneously
- Discreet and used to handling confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Sympathetic to Christian culture and the Community's way of life
- administration and secretarial skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job