JOB TITLE: Receptionist
JOB TYPE: Permanent
COMPANY TYPE: Consultancy
HOURS: 8:30am - 5:00pm
SALARY: £22,000 per annum plus benefits
LOCATION: Chancery Lane
CULTURE: Professional, friendly, lively and hardworking team that takes immense care of its staff
BENEFITS: Holiday allowance, pension contribution, and an extremely friendly team!
WOW FACTOR: This organisation is extremely friendly and focuses on having a functional team environment to handle their incredible client base. They are a medium sized office with a very friendly environment, looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate to join their ever growing business!
Job Summary | Receptionist
To deliver support to the City Office by ensuring telephones are answered, all staff and visitors are signed in and out and greeted with a warm welcome, to also ensure the day to day running of the meeting rooms is well managed.
- Meeting and greeting staff and visitors, ensuring they sign in/out using the Visitor Management System and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival
- Answering, screening and transferring telephone calls, taking brief messages and directing to the relevant departmental persons via the email system or connecting callers to staff member's extension line
- Monitoring and ensuring the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image
- Booking and managing the room booking system and ensuring it is adhered to.
- Arranging couriers
- Checking and signing for deliveries, before informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival
- Process and deliver internal and external mail daily
- Ensuring the franking machine is maintained
- Ordering office stationary and kitchen supplies and maintain adequate stock
- Managing the maintenance of the any equipment, printers/photocopiers, ensuring all in working order and reporting any faults to IT support
- In the event of a fire and /or any other emergency requiring staff leaving the building to be responsible for ensuring Visitors data from the VMS are pulled through and taken to the outside meeting point
- Escorting any contractors visiting the office gaining access to various facilities
- Inducting new staff into the office's security and Health & Safety procedures and ensuring compliance with H&S Regulations
- General administration support to the office and the wider management team
- Act as minute or note taker as required for meetings
Other duties and responsibilities
- Work in accordance with policies, site procedures and training provided
- Core values
- We are fair and honest in all our activities
- We treat each other with dignity and respect
- We are responsible for all our actions and accountable for their consequences
- We have an environment that enables and supports effective communication
- We will continuously develop safe systems of work to ensure no-one is placed at risk on our workplaces
- Customer policies
- Carry out any other reasonable request as required by your Line Manager or the Customer
- Deliver excellent customer service
- IT Skills
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Demonstrate reliability including the ability to deliver high standards of both punctuality and attendance in order to ensure team effectiveness and availability
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team but also independently
- Able to deal calmly and confidently with all demands from the public.
- An understanding of the principles of equality and diversity in relation to visitors' needs
- An interest in and commitment to the work of the company for its clients
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted for the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.