Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, building surveying, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail, Residential and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 800 specialists throughout 13 offices across the UK and Ireland.
The Manchester Office consists of a multi-disciplinary team of over 50 people.
Providing an efficient and effective reception and administration service for the office, plus secretarial support as required.
- To be the friendly front of house face for Colliers Manchester.
- To meet and greet clients and ensure they are provided with a friendly and professional service, offer them a drink and take coats/bags.
- To manage the booking of meeting rooms, book staff and clients in or change them, cancel the meetings if not going ahead.
- To ensure all meetings rooms are ready for meetings, presentation equipment set up and refreshments/lunches are provided.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pencils, notepads and brochures)
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the main reception desk (log visitors on to Sky Visitor)
- To ensure that the switchboard is answered to both internal and external clients, and the call is properly handled to ensure good client care, and is forwarded to the correct department.
- To deal with internal and external queries and to ensure that they are dealt with in a professional manner.
- To take delivery of packages from couriers and contact the department as soon as they arrive.
- To be responsible and being the main point of contact for dealing with aspects of facilities within the office e.g. stationary goods, couriers, mail, building issues, ordering refreshments and general housekeeping supplies.
- To be aware of and comply with company and statutory requirements regarding health and safety, fire and hygiene.
- To ensure the post is efficiently distributed and the post room is stocked with all post supplies.
- To keep kitchen area clean and tidy throughout the day including loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent organisation skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be a real team player who is able to give and carry out instructions.
- Must be able to work proactively and on own initiative.
- Must have customer service experience.
- microsoft office