JOB TITLE: Receptionist - Front of House - Part Time Hrs
SALARY: £9.50 per hour 11.00 am until 1500 hours Monday - Friday
TYPE: Permanent - Part Time
Cordant Security are looking to recruit a Part Time Receptionist to be based at one of our prestigious clients in Glasgow.
We have an excellent opportunity for a front of house Corporate Receptionist that have in-depth, office based, Front of House experience.
- To be the main point of contact for colleagues, clients, contractors and other visitors to the building.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Operating and managing the main switchboard and distributing calls.
- Maintain security by following procedures, monitoring sign in/out book and issuing visitor badges.
- Distribute and organise staff security passes.
- Managing schedule for meetings and conference rooms.
- Ensure reception area is clean and tidy at all times.
- Distribute office post and manage courier/post pickups and drop offs
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office systems (email, word, excel etc.)
- Assist with fire drills and fire alarm tests
- Liaising with building contractors and facilities manager to resolve building issues
- Administration for visiting colleagues
- Setting up meeting rooms with hot and cold beverages
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Experience working directly with customers, preferably in a reception service: no less than two years
- Demonstrable computer skills at user level (Word, Excel, Access, Internet and e-mail)
- Awareness of basic rules of courtesy and protocol
- Knowledge of First Aid
- Knowledge of Fire Protection (use of extinguishers, how to proceed in case of emergency and/or evacuation, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Fast learner
- Well-groomed appearance
- Serene and serious disposition
- Must be able to provide a fully checkable 5yr work/education history - due to SIA licencing requirements.
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
- Excellent rate of pay £9.50 per hour
- Part time hours Monday to Friday, 1100 - 1500 hours.
- Full times hours required to cover holidays/sickness etc
- Full and on-going training
- Structure career development prospects
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
Cordant Security Ltd is the UK's 8th largest security company with a 60-year heritage delivering specialist security services. We work alongside a national client base of demanding end-users with complex risk profiles providing contract specific solutions covering security and specialist personnel, reception and concierge, front-of-house and back office support, loss prevention, mobile and keyholding services, security and fire systems, pre-employment checks and a whole range of risk management and consultancy services.
Exceeding all industry standards, Cordant Security boasts one of the highest Approved Contractor status in the industry. We take a keen interest in the latest industry standards, being the first security company to hold additional quality standards altogether in Environmental Management (ISO 14001), Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001) and Business Continuity (BS 25999).
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- front of house