JOB TITLE: Receptionist/Telephone Operator
SALARY up to £24,000
HOURS OF WORK: 7.30 am to 4.00 pm Daily Monday to Sunday
8.30 am to 5.30 pm on a rotational basis 9.30 am to 6.00 pm
Weekends to be worked as per rotational 8.30am to 4pm
LOCATION London W1
Our client is a well known private fertility clinic in the heart of London W1. They are an extremely busy clinic, professional and friendly who look after both their patients and their staff, are based in a lovely environment and are nearby to transport and amenities. They are seeking a Receptionist full time who has worked in a clinic, used to being busy, has the patient journey at heart, is passionate about helping families and who speaks English fluently as this is essential for this new position.
Responsible for the day to day management of the busy reception area. Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Able to deal with difficult situations in a polite, friendly, efficient manner. Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and proactively make remedial changes when necessary. Able to easily build rapport with patients and visitors remaining calm and positive in all work situations.
- Responsible for ensuring Reception area is welcoming at the start of shift. Continually kept tidy, all brochures, refreshments are well stocked.
- Be part of the Reception rota, working closely with fellow receptionists, leading by example and covering shift patterns at short notice when necessary.
- Review calendars daily to ensure appointment booking slots are correct, liaise with the team on any changes and ensure all appointments have an outcome on whether the patient/visitor arrived, did not attend or rescheduled. Also highlight any patients where crucial forms needs to be collected on arrival or letters handed out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all calendars have been printed daily and stored in case of an emergency or IT failure. The hard copy information is kept secure for reference and to roll call in case of evacuation once everyone has exited the building.
- Ensure that all messages on IDEAS (best-spoke calendar and patient management system) are written clearly and accurately. Exercise due diligence and discretion in obtaining patient ID, avoiding any subsequent confusion or breach of information being given.
- Attend to patients/visitors at the front desk, update IDEAS with the attendance and ensure the patient/visitor is seen on time. (NB: All patients attending for consultations, assessments, etc should be ticked on the computer as "arrived, if not DNA’D").
- Responsible for ensuring all patients attending a New Consultation have sent their registration pack 48 hours prior to their appointment, providing assistance on any uncompleted forms, reducing their admin time on their arrival.
- Ensure that patients are not kept waiting unduly in the waiting areas, liaise with clinical team on any delays and keep patients abreast of situation in order to main waiting times target of 20 minutes to be seen from arrival time.
- Ensure the reception telephone is answered promptly and politely at all times, using corporate opening and closing.
- Organise the Patient Open Evening, including ensuring reception team are scheduled to attend. In preparation for the evening, ensure IT equipment is set-up and handouts are available and room layout organised. Ensure the following day the staff member covering this event has made polite contacts with all the attendees, making potential new patient bookings.
- Deal with irate patients in a professional polite manner, providing reassurance that issues raised will be investigated, responding verbally or written. Follow through until resolution and escalate to line managers when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance team are notified to clear reception of any deliveries. And couriers have collected samples or containers for shipment on a timely basis.
- Work closely with all the internal departments, building rapport, keeping them abreast of any issues or changes that impact their role.
- Responsible for ensuring clear shift handover is in place and any outstanding issues have been escalated.
- Keep abreast of any policy changes within IVF and up to date with mandatory training.
- Actively involved in both internal and external events, adding value to team.
- Always have a smart appearance and ensure reception team adhere to dress code and clear desk policy.
If you are a medical receptionist who also speaks fluent English, has worked in a busy private clinic and are looking for new opportunities send us your CV and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Customer Service
- General Admin
- Private Healthcare
- Telephone Reception
- Receptionist Duties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'