Receptionist and Switchboard Operator
6 month FTC
Part time: Monday, Thursday & Friday
7 hour shifts between 07:30 - 00:00
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
You will work as part of a team of receptionists who have first class customer service skills and a very strong work ethic. You will be involved in the meeting and greeting of some 500+ high profile clients per day, booking appropriate meeting room space, organising catering and equipment for over 47 client meeting rooms, 80 internal meeting rooms, private dining rooms and client conference facilities within our Canary Wharf office.
To provide a first class receptionist service as well as a comprehensive telephony & e-fax service for the Partners, staff and clients of the London offices of Clifford Chance (Canary Wharf & Colemen Street). This is further extended out of hours/or ad-hoc support to the global offices.
First line support for any office issues at Upper Bank Street & Coleman Street (when required), including, but not limited to basic IT queries and AV support
- First point of contact for all client meeting rooms, providing support to include (but not limited to) printing and photocopying
- Using the computerised booking system (Datacraft) for reserving meeting room space, equipment and catering requests and producing reports
- Answer and process internal and external calls to the switchboard in a courteous and efficient manner
- Provide the highest possible standard of service to all requests for help or advice regarding switchboard and e-fax
- Communicating contact details and summary of new business enquiries to Business Development contacts via e-mail
- Process all incoming & outgoing faxes through e-fax
- Communicate any actual or potential problems with the telephone system hardware or software to the ITSC and Switchboard Team Leader
- Recognise any actual or potential problems with difficult calls and pass details on to the Switchboard Team Leader
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of procedures pertaining to ARC, IPT and e-fax
- Maintain up to-date knowledge of all allocated administrative tasks and duties
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of procedures pertaining to Business Continuity
- Undertake any other duties as requested by Client Services Manager
- Booking appropriate meeting room space, organising catering and equipment for over 40 client meeting rooms, 50 internal meeting rooms, private dining rooms, video conference bookings and client conference facilities within our Canary Wharf and Coleman Street offices
Experience working in a hotel and / or corporate switchboard environment
•Knowledge of Arc Switchboard
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word & Excel
Knowledge of computerised fax systems
Preferably you will have a working knowledge of the Datacraft computerised booking system and of Microsoft Office 2007/2010
Good organisational skills and makes decisions using sound judgement
Ability to communicate well with others both for taking and giving instruction
Organises time and workload effectively with the ability to prioritise
Professional and approachable at all times, always displaying a positive, willing and flexible manner
Basic keyboard skill
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'