Contract type: 3 Month FTC
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000pa
We are looking for an experienced Administrator to fulfil a 3 month FTC, starting ASAP within a well-established charity based within Southampton. You will be a confident and organised self-starter, able to work on your own initiative within a small team, with the ability to work well in a busy environment and prioritise your work load effectively, if this sounds like you then please contact us for further details NOW.
Duties for the Receptionist/ Administrator include:
- To run an effective reception service to the Head Office, both in relation to the telephone and visitors; Deal with incoming and outgoing post in a timely manner.
- Accept donations and coordinate the logging, storage and distribution to relevant services and service users.
- To answer the dedicated Handyperson Service phone and forward details of all calls to the Maintenance Technician; ensuring information is entered within the relevant database and monitored when appropriate.
- Collect and monitor HR related information such as, equal opportunities, training, sickness and recruitment; regularly monitor the Sickness inbox, ensuring all absences are appropriately recorded on the HR database.
- Produce regular and ad hoc data reports from the HR database, Update manual and computerised HR records.
- To research and provide comparisons on training providers.
- To assist in problem-solving issues with staff mobile handsets, ensuring they are functioning appropriately for required use.
- To coordinate the recording and monitoring of staff vehicle documents, ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Provide administrative support to projects and services where appropriate.
- To perform a regular office facilities and stationery checks, ordering items as necessary and appropriately actioning requirements.
- To log, follow-up and monitor complaints received by the organisation, ensuring all complaints are dealt with within the relevant timeframes.
- To transfer the On Call Manager’s number at the relevant times and type up the notes of the meeting.
- To assist in researching pricing of stationery and other items in order to obtain the best value for money.
- To input monitoring information, using various Databases and spreadsheets.
- To assist in the maintenance of office equipment and liaise with engineers where appropriate.
- To perform regular fire safety checks, including checking fire systems and equipment and performing drills and evacuations.
The successful Receptionist/ Administrator will have:
- Experience of working in a business support role
- Understanding of issues around confidentiality
- Typing & Word-processing skills to an accurate level
- Ability to collect and report on statistical and numerical information
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Proof reading skills / attention to detail
- Experience of and ability to deal with customers positively and professionally; face to face and on the telephone
If you are interested in the this position, then either call us or e-mail your CV to the details provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job