Receptionist & Admin Assistant
Location: Head Office, 59 North Hill, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1QF
Salary: £16,380 per year pro rata
Hours: 21 hours per week - Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
Job ref: HO35
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established regional charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
As the first person who will be seen at Head Office as a representative of the Charity, you will have a professional, polite and welcoming manner with all staff, guests and visitors. You will be liaising with a variety of people each day, both in person and via email and telephone, so a confident and friendly approach will be needed in this role. You will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities, including reception and administration duties, to assist in the efficient operation of the Head Office function including Central Business Services.
Your main duties will include:
- Greeting and communicating with visitors, staff and guests who attend Head Office
- Answering, screening and transferring incoming phone calls and conveying messages as required
- Screening and transferring emails received to Autism Anglia’s info box
- Monitoring and maintaining relevant supplies for the building and some satellite offices including housekeeping, catering and general office supplies
- Supporting the Facilities Manager to maintain a safe, pleasant and efficient working environment in the Head Office & Central Business Services building including some health and safety checks and acting as a Fire Marshall
- Dealing with all incoming and outgoing post, including sorting and taking post to staff and preparing outgoing post for mailing.
- Occasional ad hoc administrative tasks as appropriate
- Previous experience in an administrative role for a busy team environment (essential)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail (essential)
- Previous experience in a similar reception or customer services role (desirable)
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
- Extensive Induction and Learning & Development programmes, with nationally recognised qualifications
- Job-related qualifications obtained during employment paid for by Autism Anglia (subject to conditions)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Flexible working hours (where possible) for study and time off given for job-related exams
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 months)
- Support & encouragement to progress and reach full potential within your chosen career
- Pension scheme
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Autism Anglia is positive about inclusion and welcomes applications from individuals who are able to meet the requirements of the job position and may wish to request flexible working, or reasonable adjustments to support them.
- General Administration
- Receptionist Duties
- IT skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'