Our prestigious leisure client is currently seeking a reception manager to join their professional team based near east Grinstead.
To ensure the smooth running of the Reception and Switchboard. To provide traditional hospitality and service excellence, offering a warm welcome to guests, while achieving agreed sales targets by a pro-active approach to existing and potential guests.
- To ensure that all guests are properly greeted on arrival and special requests have been arranged
- To communicate with other departments and ensure that the guest histories are continually updated
- To ensure that reception staff are aware of all functions, conferences and activities taking place.
- To ensure that all guests’ comments, complaints and praise are dealt with efficiently, recorded in the comment book and relayed to the General Manager.
- To ensure reception staff are pro-active when dealing with enquiries and negotiating rates.
- To maximise occupancy and average room rates through effective room management
- To liaise with the conference co-ordinator and clients/guest conference organisers to ensure extras supplied are accurate in respect of accounting procedures
- To ensure the leisure sales data base is kept up to date and to supervise monthly mailings
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager and the Sales Team to identify key growth areas in both the corporate and leisure market.
- To pass on possible sales leads to the sales department
- To ensure that an effective recruitment strategy and training programme is in place to fit the needs of the department, including Investors in People (IIP)
- To conduct periodic staff performance appraisals and agree individual performance targets which match the departmental objectives
- To ensure that the disciplinary procedures and policies managing absenteeism are adhered to in line with current legislation and employment law.
- To attend daily and weekly meetings.
- To hold regular departmental meetings to discuss, and receive feedback on, issues raised by reception staff.
- To produce reports as required for the General Manager detailing reception operational matters
- To ensure that company standard reports are submitted on time and in the appropriate format.
- To comply with H&S legislation and liaise closely with the appointed health and safety consultants as required.
- To plan the departmental staffing levels and run the reception within the agreed head count budget and to prepare for contingencies through cross training and succession planning.
- To provide precise rostering and staffing levels to meet the reception standards.
- To provide departmental data and assist in the compilation of the annual budgets and business plan.
- To co-ordinate, with the Reservations Manager, in connection with special event bookings.
This is a great opportunity to join a superb organisation due to work place location your own transport is essential.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job