Our prestigious leisure client is currently seeking a reception manager to join their professional team based near east Grinstead.
To ensure the smooth running of the Reception and Switchboard. To provide traditional hospitality and service excellence, offering a warm welcome to guests, while achieving agreed sales targets by a pro-active approach to existing and potential guests.
- To ensure that all guests are properly greeted on arrival and special requests have been arranged
- To communicate with other departments and ensure that the guest histories are continually updated
- To ensure that reception staff are aware of all functions, conferences and activities taking place.
- To ensure that all guests’ comments, complaints and praise are dealt with efficiently, recorded in the comment book and relayed to the General Manager.
- To ensure reception staff are pro-active when dealing with enquiries and negotiating rates.
- To maximise occupancy and average room rates through effective room management
- To liaise with the conference co-ordinator and clients/guest conference organisers to ensure extras supplied are accurate in respect of accounting procedures
- To ensure the leisure sales data base is kept up to date and to supervise monthly mailings
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager and the Sales Team to identify key growth areas in both the corporate and leisure market.
- To pass on possible sales leads to the sales department
- To ensure that an effective recruitment strategy and training programme is in place to fit the needs of the department, including Investors in People (IIP)
- To conduct periodic staff performance appraisals and agree individual performance targets which match the departmental objectives
- To ensure that the disciplinary procedures and policies managing absenteeism are adhered to in line with current legislation and employment law.
- To attend daily and weekly meetings.
- To hold regular departmental meetings to discuss, and receive feedback on, issues raised by reception staff.
- To produce reports as required for the General Manager detailing reception operational matters
- To ensure that company standard reports are submitted on time and in the appropriate format.
- To comply with H&S legislation and liaise closely with the appointed health and safety consultants as required.
- To plan the departmental staffing levels and run the reception within the agreed head count budget and to prepare for contingencies through cross training and succession planning.
- To provide precise rostering and staffing levels to meet the reception standards.
- To provide departmental data and assist in the compilation of the annual budgets and business plan.
- To co-ordinate, with the Reservations Manager, in connection with special event bookings.
This is a great opportunity to join a superb organisation due to work place location your own transport is essential.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy.