Role: Recently Qualified Accountant / Semi Senior
Location: New Southgate, North London
Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
An ACCA accredited Practice based in North London are looking for a Recently Qualified Accountant who has recently qualified to work within their North London office.
The firm place a particularly strong enthlasis on progression and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to advance into a senior position. They are looking for a recently qualified Accountant to join their team of 4 Directors and 4-5 other staff. Parking is available locally and the nearest train station is Southgate.
This position will involve working on the accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies along with the preparation of VAT returns, statutory and management accounts. Working within a busy department the role requires good communication skills and the ability to multi task and complete assignments to a deadline. The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience in a similar role, and will have completed their ACCA/ACA qualification.
The Accountant will be responsible for:
- Accounts preparation for manager review
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Various bookkeeping duties
- Adding client records onto software
- Preparing and submitting Tax Returns
- Attending and preparing of client meetings
- Liaising with clients and the HMRC to resolve any issues that may occur
The Ideal Accountant will have/be:
- 3 years' experience in an Accountancy Practice.
- ACCA/ACA recently Qualified.
- Experience preparing draft year-end accounts for manager review.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel and accounting software programmes such as Sage, IRIS and Xero Accounts.
This vacancy is being managed by Laura Farmer at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Spear Recruitment Ltd is Employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you call follow us on Twitter @spearrec
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014