An excellent opportinity for a Real Estate Paralegal for a legal 500 firm based in Manchester. Close to transport links
An excellent opportunity for a Real Estate Paralegal to join a full-service law legal 500 firm in Manchester. The culture of the company is approachable, open minded and inclusive. They hold an Investors in People award. The Real Estate Paralegal will work as part of the real estate property team. The role will provide support to fee earners within the team and will include varied work, including preparation of legal forms, preparing and circulating client reports, general assistance to fee earners on a variety of client matters and general administrative support.
About the role
- Provide support to fee earners and their caseload, with an appropriate level of supervision
- Act as a point of contact for clients demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Manage the set up of new files, including the review of incoming case files, obtaining missing documents, liaising with the client to confirm instructions
- Maintain an awareness of firm's procedures and strategies
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
- Deal with telephone enquiries from clients, lay clients, and agents
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
- Paralegal or Chartered Legal Executive (or at least part qualified)
- Good time management, good attention to detail.
- Law degree/ LPC is desirable
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/ previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage but training will be provided. Good keyboard skills are also essential
- Client focused with an ability to build strong relationships with client and third party contacts at all levels
- Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Proactive and energetic with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems
- Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others here appropriate
- Committed and enthusiastic with a professional attitude to work and a desire to commit long term to a career in this field
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Able to adopt a commercial perspective in relation to legal issues with a concern for quality of service.
- Real Estate