Real Estate Paralegal - LeedsLevel of role ParalegalDepartment AG Intelligent DeliveryReporting Line TST ManagerThe Firm
We stand out for being consistently excellent in advice: we not only provide technical excellence and experience but crucially, we also demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. Our knowledge of our chosen sectors and markets, and our investment in our client relationships set us apart. We are a natural choice for FTSE100 and other "bold and beautiful" clients.The Team
Our well-established, high performing and busy Real Estate Team is growing and we're looking for committed and motivated paralegals to join us based in Leeds. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with other members of our friendly and supportive team on a wide variety of interesting, high quality transactions.
We need support in a wide variety of legal assignments which do not necessarily need to be done by qualified lawyers, such as document review and due diligence, as well as process elements of transactional work.
As a paralegal, you will also be part of the larger Transaction Services Team (TST). The TST is supported by the use of technology and plays a key role in enabling Addleshaw Goddard to respond to client demand for more innovative and better value services. Launched in 2010, the TST is now one of our biggest divisions with over 160 employees, made up of apprentices, paralegals, managers and solicitors. It was the first team of its kind in the UK, and continues to innovate by delivering work in the most efficient way, saving our clients time and money. There are also opportunities to join the social committee, charity initiatives and sports teams.
If you join us, aside from a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, you'll get fantastic opportunities to support some of the UK's largest FTSE100 clients and go on exciting internal or client secondments.
Purpose of the Role
We believe in continuous development and progression. We believe in it so strongly that we created a career development framework and training programme specifically for the TST. As part of that framework you'll have the option of a review every 3 months to ensure we're supporting you to meet your development goals and to discuss your progression. In addition, you'll have access to our internal training contract application process, CILEx sponsorship and management or technical development programmes.
As a property Paralegal you will work as part of the Transaction Services Team to provide support to fee earners in our Real Estate division. The work of a property Paralegal is varied and includes:
- All areas of post completion work expected in a busy Real Estate department of a Commercial law firm, including the submission of SDLT returns for the more complex transactions involving renewal leases, linked transactions, properties sold subject to multiple leases and exempt transaction, and the submission of all Land Registry applications to include registration of transfers, charges, unilateral notices, deeds of variation, first registrations etc.
- Drafting and negotiation of licences to assign, licences to underlet and licences for alteration through to completion; also title work including lease reporting
For the right person, this role provides an exciting opportunity to develop and work with a team of like-minded and committed professionals at the forefront of change in the legal industry.
The TST also has a specifically designed career pathways which will enable you to progress your career with us as quickly as you able to develop. Our quarterly review process enables you to review your progress and provide you with clear guidance and support to assist your development.Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
Due to the dynamic nature of the work we do and the clients we seek to serve, the role is not an ordinary 9-5 job. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, who takes real pride in their work and who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment. You will have:
- Previous property paralegal experience is desirable but not essential.
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills when managing priorities and incoming task requests. Organised, disciplined and thorough approach to maintaining document files.
- Has a high level of attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency, consistently demonstrating a flexible proactive "can-do" attitude.
- Works efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic, conscientious and proactive approach.
- Demonstrates the ability to work on their own initiative.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'