Our client, a medium sized well regarded law firm in Green Park are looking for an experienced legal secretary in their Real Estate Department.
The role supports a partner and 2 fee-earners
Your duties will involve the following:
- Significant legal secretarial expertise as a commercial real estate secretary ideally gained at partner level within a London law firm.
- Experience of providing a polished secretarial service and administrative support to a busy team of allocated fee earners.
- Proactivity and ability to enthusiastically take ownership of the team's workflow, utilising the support departments where appropriate and as part of providing regular workflow solutions.
- Ability to prepare, edit and proofread all documents, house style and non house style, either from dictation, general instruction or by personally drafting with fastidious attention to detail and focus on quality. Typing speed of 65wpm minimum.
- Experience of managing and organising Outlook; inboxes, calendars and contacts, reviewing and forwarding internal and external mail, e-filing and all general maintenance of client files and folders.
- Experience of maintaining routine billing, billing guides and financial records, prepare and closely assisting with all aspects of the bill production process.
- Provide assistance to partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries in the team, as and when required.
Excellent and pleasant communication skills together with emotional intelligence.
You will also need Real Estate experience both residential and commercial real estate.
The salary is £38k, plus a performance related bonus of up to £2k. The role is a perm one.