Real Estate - Book-keeper / Accounts. OUR CLIENT is a well-known Real Estate Investor and Fund who are established and who actively asset manage and invest in a diverse portfolio of property assets. They have now instructed us solely to recruit for a Property Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant to join their finance team.
THE ROLE: The preferred candidate for the Property Bookkeeper/ Accounts position will assume the following responsibilities:
- Managing daily accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank functions and reconciliations of sales / purchase ledgers and bank accounts on a monthly basis and initially across 8 group companies.
- Collating, reviewing, obtaining approvals and post purchasing invoices.
- Managing the purchase order process including: preparing purchase orders requested internally, providing purchase orders to suppliers, vouching purchase invoices to purchase orders and actively requesting new purchase orders internally.
- Setting-up payment runs and obtaining the various approvals for release.
- Liaising with the group's bankers as required regarding mandates and the online banking platform.
- Collating employee expense claims, obtaining approvals, setting up payments and obtaining payment release approvals.
- Reviewing and reconciling petty cash.
- Preparing and cashing cheques.
- Maintaining an organised filing system.
- Maintaining accounting records and assisting with reporting deadlines including quarterly management accounts, quarterly VAT returns and year-end audit.
- Preparing and posting quarterly journals including depreciation, accruals and prepayments.
- Preparing of periodic reporting as may be required.
- Handling with ad hoc requests and assisting other members of the accounts team.
THE PERSON: To apply, the preferred candidate MUST have experience in accounts payable/receivable and should either be qualified by experience or possess an AAT qualification (This is not a job for an active ACCA / CIMA studier). The successful candidate must also have a working knowledge of VAT in a purchase ledger setting and possess clear communication skills as this is key in liaising with external stakeholders. To apply, you should also be ready to take on new responsibilities and manage priorities as well as deadlines.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable