A Resaw Operator is required to work at a large timber mill based in Sherburn Hill in Durham. The role will be working day shift and will involve working in a fast paced environment and potentially outdoors in all weather conditions. Previous experience of working within an industrial environment is essential and experience of operating a resaw would be highly beneficial.
- The main purpose of this job is to operate UAH Resaw to produce timber following instruction that is within tolerance for length, section and quality
- Report any faulty machinery and keep work area tidy
- Work effectively to drive efficiency and performance
- Comply with health and safety regulations and pay attention to the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues
- Ensure equipment is operated with guarding in place
- Ensure work area is clean, tidy and free from obstruction
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Experience of working within an industrial environment
- The ability to work efficiently and within a timely manner
- A confident team player who's happy working off own initiative
This is a full time contract position with the hopes of transferring to permanent after a probationary period. The role will be working day shift Mon-Thurs 7am-4pm and Fri 7-1pm.
This role is offering a competitive hourly rate with a weekly bonus depending upon team performance.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Joe Rowan to find out more details on this role, he is available on or at