We are in the market for an experienced raw materials buyer in the Gateshead area to join a global organisation that specialises within the Oil and Gas industry.
As Raw Material Buyer, you will lead competitive sourcing and purchase negotiations, in line with our business policies and ISE strategic sourcing direction. Specifically, the parts you will buy are forgings, castings, tube, profiles and billets predominantly from steel for the manufacture of valves and flowline equipment.
You will execute sourcing plans, especially implementation of change programs involving new suppliers and / or spend practice. The quality of your information will be required by the Operational management team to ensure the delivery of goods through the supply chain, to support the site in maximising overall on time delivery performance and cost efficiencies.
Whilst the company already have existing relationships with both local and global suppliers you will engage and develop strong relationships to maximise commercial advantage, also seeking new or alternative suppliers, in line with quality programs and initiatives to maximise the potential for improved service delivery and quality to our exacting customer requirements. Developing our business goes hand in hand with developing our people's skills; with the support of the Gateshead management team and ISE strategic sourcing, you will be open to career progression and continued self-development in order to reach personal and business goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all company policies surrounding purchasing, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met
• Fully accountable for achieving all relevant KPIs specific to supplier delivery performance and those which contribute to the overall site KPIs
• Align with ISE strategic purchasing for the procurement of forgings / billets / tube / castings / profiles
• Leading competitive sourcing and purchase negotiations for low value processes at site level
• Completing non-competitive purchases for low value processes
• Execution of sourcing plans, especially implementation of change programs involving new suppliers or spend practice
• Communicate effectively with other members of the Gateshead procurement team throughout the procurement journey to manage expectations and provide a positive internal customer experience
• Supplier and contract management to ensure on time delivery and quality performance
• Lead and participate in contract negotiations which could have a wider impact on site services and provisions
• Work within a framework of targets including savings, effectiveness and efficiency in delivery
• Develop Purchasing strategies
• Communicate and seek agreement from your internal customers on the strategy
• Modify any Purchasing contracts in line with internal customer feedback
• Implement the agreed Purchasing contracts
• Manage the acceptance of organisational wide agreement
• Develop supplier networks
• Identify key users within departments to understand the full manufacturing process from quotation to delivery whilst identifying risk points in each area and work with stakeholders to reduce those risks
• Benchmark activities within your category
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities both internally and externally.
• To identify and report on all Value For Money activities
• To actively participate in cross-organisational agreements
• Attend key stakeholder meetings both internally and externally
• Compile data to assist in cross party projects
• Build a network of contacts within your category area
• Travel as and when required
- Materials Controller
- Materials Planner