On offer - an extremely rare opportunity to work in tandem with the Chief Executive Officer of a fast-growing, headline-grabbing, American high technology company committed to the launch of a constellation of satellites delivering affordable global connectivity for everyone before 2027. You must have experience of, and a love of, start-up environments and a strong desire to be part of something new - for example, with a US$500 million investment behind it, the London office will quadruple in size by the end of 2018. In short, this is a highly visible and pivotal position given the international stature of the CEO.
The role itself comprises a mix of traditional and less conventional duties. You will be required to proactively get involved in CEO-level projects: organising, prioritising and expediting a flow of work, often in the absence of your CEO, who travels a great deal; scheduling meetings/teleconferences domestically and internationally; preparing financial budgets/presentations, managing complex travel arrangements/diaries etc. What makes it special is the need to lead by example, setting the tone for what exceptional EA skills look like, establishing a culture that is responsive, dynamic and fun, acting as an interim "chief of staff" as the company grows, as well as getting involved to ensure the London office is operating at its best.
Given this, personality is all. You will be a world-class EA, likely looking for a new challenge, combining gravitas, diplomacy, confidence, gumption, external calm, pace and the ability to prioritise skilfully in a fast-moving environment. You’ll be flexible rather than rigid to provide intuitive support to your CEO - you mustn’t be afraid to instigate improvements enabling you to make good decisions on his behalf.
- At least 5 years working in a high-level EA position supporting C-level executives in an international corporate setting.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Affinity for high technology and intellectually curious to understand the bigger picture.
- Familiar with, and a passion for, start-up environments, and unafraid to do what is required to get things moving.
- Fully conversant with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint - able to take minutes, assist in the preparation of board level packages/presentations etc.
- Familiar with, and love of, working in a start-up environment.
- Able to juggle shifting priorities, manage change, and deal with ambiguity.
- A high degree of organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Desire to motivate others and influence work behaviours.
- Tact, ability to develop contact and build relationships, and respect for confidentiality.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job