As a Rapid Response Care Assistant you will be part of the Interserve Healthcare, national Rapid Response Team that will deliver safe and effective care to service usersin their own homes following release from hospital.
We are looking for Waking Night care assistants with a passion for community working to provide a variety of care. Our shift patterns are 22:00 - 07:00, with one client per shift. Shifts are communicated at least 1 hour before it is due to start.
• You will be required to be available on call for rapid response call out visits to clients providing the necessary care within the client’s own home. This requires flexibility on working hours and location to meet the needs of service users across the county. • Build credibility by being inclusive of differences, supporting others and communicating effectively with service users, families and care bodies. • Provide timely availability to the rota management team to ensure patient visits are covered and safe levels of care are maintained. • Ensure care pathway, care plans and all other care records are completed and meet NMC guidelines. • Ensure direct communication with your line manager regarding any concerns about service delivery that require escalation. • To provide support to team members as required ensuring the safe and comprehensive delivery of care to clients. • Maintenance of confidentiality of information concerning patients, clients and the business activities of Interserve Healthcare Group (IHC) according to relevant regulation, standards and policy. • Manage time, caseloads and resources well to deliver quality work (on time, to plan and clinical standards maintained).
Knowledge skills & experience
• An ability to work autonomously and flexibly to meet patient needs. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. • Self driven with a clear focus on delivery of high quality care. • Reliable, tolerant and determined, well presented and professional. • Ability to forward plan and self manage whilst working on own initiative in the field. • Transparent with all aspects of patient care. • Understand and be confident with the principals of professional boundaries, confidentiality and how to handle information in accordance with data protection. • Experience of caring for patients with long term conditions. • Homecare / Community care experience. • Experience of working as a member of a dynamic care team.
• Ability to build rapport with patients and families/carers.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word, Internet Explorer and Outlook. • Access to own vehicle with current full driving licence. • Able to work/travel nationally across the country outside of sociable hours with a requirement of, at times, consecutive overnight stays.
We can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay • Flexible working hours • On-going FREE training and development opportunities • Refer a friend bonus scheme (cash reward between £150 - £400) • Free Uniform
In return, we'd like you to have:
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening • A caring and compassionate attitude • The ability to commit to regular (flexible) hours • 6 months experience working in care in the UK
• Access to own vehicle and a Full UK Driving Licence.
If you have any of the following experience, it will support your application - but even if you don’t we can still offer FREE training in all these areas:
• Tracheostomy care • Ventilation care • Medication management • Catheter care • Manual handling • Spinal Injury • ABI • Epilepsy
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do. We support a range of clients varying in age and care requirements which can include mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and clients with more complex clinical needs.
As a Care Assistant duties will vary dependent on each client’s individual care plan. These may include personal care, assistance with moving and handling, support with community outings and medication administration.
About the company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
Interserve Healthcare is proud to endorse the National Nursing Strategy, 6C’s, for England Compassion in Practice.
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company and committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'