Are you a Care Assistant, Carer or Support Worker looking for a permanent role with contracted hours in Nottingham? We have a a number of Absence and On-call Officer roles available for a company that provides care to vulnerable people in their own homes. Your role will be to cover care calls due to the planned or unplanned absence of other care workers. A driving licence and vehicle is essential as this will involve travelling to clients own homes around Nottingham to deliver hands on care and support to vulnerable people. You'll also be designated On-call Officer during some of your shifts, where you will be taking calls that come into the out of hours phone and covering any care worker absence with other members of the team, this is paid additionally.
As an Absence and On-call Officer you will be:
This is varied role suitable for a care assistant looking for more responsibility. For some shifts you'll be delivering care as a Domiciliary Care Worker / Care Assistant to vulnerable adults in their own homes, covering the absence of other Care / Support Workers. For other shifts you'll be the on-call officer, dealing with calls to the out of hours number and VOIP service
Tasks will include -
- Caring for those with a wide range of illness or disability
- Part of a team who provide our Out of Hours telephone support service to staff and clients, therefore you will need to be competent in the use of IT packages
- Taking weekend referrals
- Checking and managing alerts generated by the electronic call monitoring system (VOIP)
You'll need to be able to work on a 3 days on 3 days off rota, working 7-2 and 4-10pm, and over a 6 week rolling rota.
What's on offer?
- Permanent, salaried position £20,100 plus enhancement of £10 per shift when acting as the on-call officer.
- 30p per mile paid for fuel contribution
- Fully paid DBS check and mandatory and enhancement training
- Work mobile phone, equipped with work email
- Access to your own online roster
- A role that offers further career opportunities and qualifications (Diplomas)
The Successful Candidate
You'll need experience of delivering care to people in their own homes in the community, such as Care Worker, Care Assistant, Support Worker and Carer. You may have worked as a Field Care Supervisor, team leader or care coordinator. In addition:
- You'll be flexible and able to deal with a changing workload - as you're covering both planned and unplanned absence you'll need to be able to adapt to changes to your schedule (though still within the context of your working hours)
- You'll be able to communicate effectively with clients and carers over the telephone and deal with any queries or emergencies.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you are a driver with your own vehicle.
Interested? To be considered for the Absence and On-call Officer role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment. For more information please call Laura on .
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.
- support worker
- social care
- care assistant
- care worker