This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of GEM Premium People who are trading as an employment business.
- You will understand, maintain and promote the vision, values and mission of the company and its individual business units in accordance with your employee handbook.
- Overhaul, service and maintain electrical rotating machinery.
- Dismantle and assemble traction motors
- Electerically test armature and stator windings and other associated components
- Mechanically and dimensionally check shaft journals, machined surfaces and bearing housings
- Clean and paint parts
- Light test run traction motors
- Populate associated paper work and route cards
- To ensure all product meets the quality & delivery requirements of the customer.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with individual work specifications.
- Carry out all planned work set out by your supervisor at daily briefings and in the specific time scale set.
- Work with Supervisor & team leader to maintain and enhance process flow improvements to every aspect of the business unit’s work types.
- To act on any reasonable request of you by your supervisor to achieve the Business unit and customers’ requirements in a timely and controlled manner.
- To ensure your work area is clean & tidy.
- To ensure you abide by all H&S rules & regulations.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed to the required standard.
- Team player with good communication skills & should be able to work with a mixture of staff and customers at various levels.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and will need to take responsibility for key deliverables
- Must have attention to detail and be able to work on their own initiative
- Proven commitment to change and continuous improvement
- Willingness to take on tasks that may be outside their normal set of responsibilities
Hours of work:
Mon - Thur 7:00am - 4:30pm, Fri 7:00am- 3:30pm
Safety Critical Working
May include some UK and global travel