Rail Domain Expert
Rail Domain Expert - Derby
We have a requirement for a Rail for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Rail and Aerospace Engineering, to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, in the fastest and most valuable manner, spanning complex systems, platforms and products. This role will be based in Derby.
The Rail Expert will be a focal point for the company's activities in the Rail Vehicles market in the UK. They will lead, large-scale Rail Vehicle design and support projects and work closely with the business development teams and actively sell the technical and delivery capabilities of the company.
- Act as Project Manager on Rail Vehicle design and production support projects
- Lead the technical aspects of major bidding opportunities in the Rail Vehicles industry
- Promotion of the company onsite and offshore engineering capabilities to key customers
- Networking with engineering experts in other the company divisions to cross-fertilise skills and promote staff development and mobility
- Lead the adoption of systems engineering approaches throughout major projects to enhance the value we add to our customer's businesses
- Assist The company in its drive to become the leading Rail Vehicle managed service supplier, through the on-time delivery of technically excellent work packages
- Lead on strategic bids and oversee existing bids within the company Rail vehicle business
- Be responsible for organic growth through maximising follow-on work from customers
- Identify opportunities and foster customer relationships in the Rail Vehicle industry
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Proven experience in leading major technical projects in the Rail Vehicle supplier domain
- Experience of light rail and heavy rail vehicles
- Knowledge of Rail Vehicle systems, interfaces with rail infrastructure and relevant Rail Vehicle standards and legislation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to interface with customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with the company's departments and other stakeholders in support of wider initiatives across the company
- Be available for occasional travel across the UK and internationally as required
- Negotiable dependent upon experience - Permanent or Contract basis
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call . Rail01
- Rolling Stock.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"