The Authorised deputy for this post is: Commercial Manager
Competencies and Qualifications:
Rail Projects and Estimating Experience (10 years preferable)
Civils structure works, earth works and all route works
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with and report to Head of Rail and Commercial Manager
- Work with the Head of Rail, Project Managers and Site Managers to agree a suitable tender programme and methodology.
- Submit fully compliant tenders in a timely manner.
- Depending on tender value, ensure that tenders are reviewed by Head of Rail or Project Manager prior to submission.
- Access and understand various documents or electronic information sources used in collating a tender
- Attend client tender review meetings where required
- Attend internal meetings where required
- Undertake Site visits where required
SAFETY, QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- Identify at tender stage:
- Any specialist labour required to deliver the works.
- Any training requirements required to deliver the works.
- Any specialist activities that may require sub-contracting.
- Any nominated sub-contractors or suppliers that must be used to deliver the works.
- Any specialist materials which will require COSHH assessment, adoption of new working practices or special SQE measures.
- Any specified materials that must be used to deliver the works.
- Any materials that must have Network Rail product approval
- Any specialist plant required to deliver the works
- Any temporary speed restrictions required to deliver the works
- Any environmental consents required to deliver the works
- Any planning permission, heritage consents or Grade I-II listing that must be complied with
- Any temporary works design or Form 002/003 design that will be required.
- Any environmental, safety or quality legislation, procedures, standards or best practice that have been considered at tender stage.
- Any Network Rail specifications, standards, drawings or letters of instruction that must followed.
- Any other contract specific requirements relating to SQE Matters.
- Maintain records of all tender assumptions and allowances relating to the labour, plant, material, design, subcontract and SQE Matters above.
- Ensure that delivery team are made aware of all the tender assumptions and allowances at contract award.
- Review contract documentation as required.
- Act professionally at all times.
- Always attend for work in a fit condition, fully rested and aware.
- Understand and comply with company procedures, systems and policies.
- Promote company interests when dealing with external parties
- Civil Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job