Radiology Department Assistant Health Care Assistant
Radiology Department Assistant
Fixed Term Post - 1 Year
Salary £16,900 - £20,900 (depending on experience)
Our Imaging Department is currently seeking a highly motivated Radiology Department Assist to join our team to assist in a clinical role, supporting the Radiology team in implementing high standards of radiography care for patients whilst promoting a patient focused approach. We are an excellent Private hospital with great modern facilities.
As the successful candidate you will be looking for a new challenge that will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. As a team player, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work and be willing to learn and get involved. It is important you are clear and concise with your communication skills and that you portray a professional outlook at all times.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist with patients and procedures and to help maintain the smooth running of the unit. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a strongly patient-focused role and is an excellent opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
You will be required to:
- Assist with the organisation of the Ultrasound workload including assisting patients with changing, chaperoning patients when required and dealing with necessary paperwork.
- Assist the Radiographers with preparing the patients for all imaging procedures as necessary.
- Assist with setting up procedures as required.
- Assist in maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of the department.
- Help with the maintenance of stock levels in all rooms e.g. linen, consumables items, etc.
- Collect and escort in-patients to and from the department to the wards.
- Assist the radiographers, Administrators and other staff in the department as required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or willingness to train
- Good clinical skills like cannulation and phlebotomy will be an advantage, but training will be provided for the successful candidate
- Previous experience working within Radiology is preferred but not essential
- Experience of working with members of the public is essential
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, be able to demonstrate experience in the radiography field and demonstrate a willingness to support others. They will work well in a team, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work.
The department is currently open between 08:00 - 19:00, Monday - Saturday, with the requirement to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required, therefore you should be prepared to work flexibly within these times in order to meet the requirements of the department.
To apply please email your CV to or call .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"