An exciting opportunity has arisen at this recently merged Trust for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Band 5 plain film Radiographer (22.5 hours per week) to join our established team at Samuel Johnson Community Hospital.
Our Community Hospitals are very busy carrying out a wide range of general plain film examinations. Both departments are very friendly and welcoming using DR.
We have strong links with the main department at Queens Hospital Burton and have established links to universities meaning you will be instrumental in helping our team provide a conducive learning environment for student radiographer education. We actively encourage CPD and role extension and provide support to pursue academic courses to develop your career. Radiographers are entitled to 4 hours prearranged CPD time per month.
We have an established team of experienced Advanced Practitioner reporting Radiographers in plain film providing excellent support to the Community Hospitals.
As a motivated Radiographer, you should have at least three years’ experience and possess knowledge of all plain film investigations inclusive of some trauma Radiography as both departments support Minor Injury Units. Your role will be to play a proactive part in the running of both departments working closely with the superintendent, Radiographers, Assistant Practitioners and Students.
You will be involved with the wider Trust, streamlining the care pathway for all patients referred for imaging, undertaking high quality diagnosis.
You will be expected to take part in the weekend working at the community which is a three hour Saturday morning duty on each site.
You should hold an up to date current HCPC Registration.
Please note that this Band 5 post is a Trust wide position.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 5 November 2020
Interview date: 19 November 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mrs Karen Wainman - Clinical Manager
Tel: ext 5327
Mr Adam Bowes
Tel: ext 5150
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'