We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive Radiographer (37.5 hours per week) with good organisational skills to join our Diagnostic Imaging Team at University Hospital of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust (UHDB).
Your base would be Queens Hospital Burton which encompasses our main site, Queens Hospital Burton, and Community Hospitals; Samuel Johnson Hospital, Lichfield and Sir Robert Peel, Tamworth. Burton on Trent is positioned in the central part of the country just on the edge of the Peak District and within easy driving distance of Birmingham and Derby.
We are a busy Radiology Department carrying out a wide range of general and specialist examinations, including, Plain film, CT, MRI, US, NM & interventional, both within an Emergency and Elective setting and also Plain Film at our Community Hospitals. Our department is a friendly and welcoming department using both CR and DR. We have a Quality Assurance programme in place and will shortly be moving towards full ISAS accreditation. We have a small team leading on Paediatric and Forensic Imaging.
As a progressive teaching department for Radiographers we have established links to universities and actively encourage CPD and role extension, with support available to pursue academic courses and develop your career within a supportive and friendly environment. Radiographers are entitled to 4 hours CPD time per month.
We have an established team of experienced advanced practitioner reporting Radiographers in plain film, lower GI, MRI and CT led by a Consultant Radiographer. The department has an in house teaching programme led by the departments advanced practitioners, providing sessions for Radiographers, Students, Junior Doctors, Nurses and other AHP’s. You will be instrumental in helping our team provide a conducive learning environment for Student Radiographer Education.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team providing a comprehensive and effective service carrying out a high standard of examinations and developing skills in GP, Orthopaedic, Trauma and in-patient plain film work, Theatre and mobile Radiography and CT head imaging, with further experience in all areas of the department.
You will be benefit from taking part in the shift system covering 24/7 and the opportunity to rotate across all three hospital sites providing excellent experience for those wishing to pursue their careers in a fast paced Clinical Service. For this a full driving licence will be required.
We welcome forward thinking qualified Radiographers with excellent communication and radiographic skills who wish to join us on our future journey.
Previous applicants need not apply.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date for Applications: 5 November 2020
Interview Date: 19 November 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mrs Karen Wainman - Clinical Manager
Tel: Ext 5327
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'