The Imaging Service at BMI The Lancaster Hospital has a highly motivated team who are essential to delivering our exceptional standards of patient care, and supporting the continued growth and success of our business.
We currently have exciting opportunities available for experienced Radiographers to join our Imaging team. Typical responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Carrying out general and specialised radiographic procedures to high technical and quality standards, assessing patients & interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques
- Undertaking imaging examinations in line with department operational procedures and policies, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff whilst producing high quality, diagnostic images
- Practising good radiation, protection and safety and observe Local Rules and Systems of Work
- Complying with departmental IRMER and Radiation Safety Policies & Procedures
- Participating in and contributing to Quality Assurance tests within the Imaging Department.
We are therefore looking for qualified Radiographers (holding a Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography) who have a current HCPC registration. You will have previous experience working in an acute healthcare environment with a general background and training in diagnostic radiography. Possessing strong interpersonal skills you will be able to communicate and work well with your team and have strong verbal, numerical and literacy skills. In addition you will have a good awareness of the College of Radiographers and HCPC Code of Conduct / Accountability, and a good knowledge of Radiation Regulations.
At The BMI Lancaster Hospital we are a flexible employer and can currently offer a range of hours to suit the successful individual or bank positions in our Diagnostic Imaging department.
In return for your commitment to our business you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including Health Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.