At BMI Healthcare we aim to be a magnet for the best healthcare professionals - we know that having the right team and keeping them highly motivated is essential to delivering our very high standards of patient care, and to the continued growth and success of our business.
As such, we have a number of exciting opportunities available for experienced Radiographers to join the team at The Lancaster Hospital in Lancaster, Lancashire. With an excellent city centre location the Lancaster Hospital has 25 beds, one laminar-flow Operating Theatre, a Minor Ops/Endoscopy Unit, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Imaging Services and Consulting Rooms with procedures ranging from routine investigations to complex surgery. The Lancaster Hospital prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides with 99.4%* of patients saying the quality of their care was very good, or excellent.
Typical responsibilities as a Radiographer at BMI The Lancaster Hospital with will include but not be limited to:
- Carrying out general and specialised radiographic procedures to high technical and quality standards, assessing patients & interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques
- Undertaking imaging examinations in line with department operational procedures and policies, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff whilst producing high quality, diagnostic images
- Practising good radiation, protection and safety and observe Local Rules and Systems of Work
- Complying with departmental IRMER and Radiation Safety Policies & Procedures
- Participating in and contributing to Quality Assurance tests within the Imaging Department.
- Acting professionally within the standard and framework provided by the HCPC and College of Radiographers ‘Code of Professional Conduct’
- To maintain active registration with the HCPC
Desired Skills and Experience:
We’re looking for qualified Radiographers (holding a Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography) who have a current HCPC registration. You will have previous experience working in an acute healthcare environment with a general background and training in diagnostic radiography. Possessing strong interpersonal skills you will be able to communicate and work well with your team and have strong verbal, numerical and literacy skills. In addition you will have a good awareness of the College of Radiographers and HCPC Code of Conduct / Accountability, and a good knowledge of Radiation Regulations.
At The BMI Lancaster Hospital we are a flexible employer and can currently offer part-time (22.5 hours) or bank positions in our Diagnostic Imaging department.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including Health Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.
* During the period of January to December 2017, BMI The Lancaster Hospital received 743 completed Friends and Family postcards.