Our client is a leading UK media company with a string heritage of leading brands within the radio market which cove r the sport, business and entertainment sectors.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the right individual to be instrumental in the growth of the national agency sales business.
You will be responsible for day to day liaison with key clients and agencies on your designated patch. The successful candidate will handle a high volume of business and be responsible for delivering market leading customer service while always looking to maximise revenue for the company through strong relationships, negotiation and careful management of inventory.
You will report to Head of Business Development and support a team of 3 Account Managers.
Supported by your manager and team, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, booking and on-going administration of all radio airtime campaigns - ensuring they adhere to all parameters within your agency deal(s); and are sold in line with inventory policies.
- Prioritising and managing workloads to maintain a high level of accurate administration across your portfolio of agencies.
- Preparing weekly forecast figures and ensuring airtime potential reports are updated daily.
- Assisting your Head of Business Development, Account Manager or Business Development Manager with all requested reporting.
- Maximising agency revenue by questioning all briefs and providing creative and insightful responses in line with their campaign objectives, supported by insight and research.
- Following up all proposals with excellent negotiation skills to ensure that opportunities are maximised for both the agency and the company portfolio.
- Driving key focus areas and sales initiatives across the Trading and Inventory team in order to achieve and exceed set targets.
- Delivering exceptional customer service through the efficient and accurate turnaround of plans and proposals.
- Providing your agency with competitor reports, programming updates, RAJAR figures and all other ad-hoc requests.
- Assisting your Account Manager with producing and presenting a Post Campaign Analysis for applicable clients.
- Communicating the companies positioning to your agency group through presentations and meetings, being an advocate for both the Radio and general Media.
- Developing effective working relationships with the rest of the team and other internal departments to ensure clear and consistent communication.
- Supporting other agency groups across the sales team when needed
Candidates should possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good telephone manner.
- A positive attitude, showing enthusiasm about media sales.
- Effective time management skills, with great attention to detail.
- A true team-player, but with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Conscientious - punctual, willing to work hard and go beyond the call of duty with a can-do attitude.
- Ambitious to learn and progress in their career
- Strong numeracy.
- Basic Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Base salary is up to £20k with the chance of progression into other roles within our sales team
- Bonus for achieving quarterly target
- Life assurance
- GPP pension
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Season Ticket Loans and the Ride to Work scheme
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service