R&D Trials Officer (Agronomist) c£21-25k + Benefits + Car
South Ref: ABJ3574
A field trials agronomist is urgently required to assist with the completion of R&D trials for the Agricultural, Horticultural and Amenity Industries in line with client requirements. As an agricultural gradaute you will provide assistance to the Project Manager in managing all R&D trials activities in a professional and efficient manner. As a horticulture graduate you will assist in the day to day running of both GLP & GEP field Trials
You must have a full UK driving licence since there is a car with this role
- Ensuring compliance to all industry standards and company quality system to ensure consistency in our services
- Ensuring client confidentiality at all times and following the correct company and client protocols
- Work with Project Manager/Study Director/R&D Trials Agronomist to generate data and ensure agreed internal and external deadlines are met.
- Suggest improvements to current operations so that the department can maximise profitability and efficiency
- Marking out field trials at suitable sites on farms in compliance to the relevant standards
- Correct preperation, application and handling of chemicals for application to ensure successful trials and the H&S of employees, clients and the public
- Gathering and accurately recording trials data for presentation and reporting to clients to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and secure repeat business.
- To carry out efficiently and safely sampling, assessing and harvesting of the field trials.
- Working efficciently and accurately on computers for recording and processing results
- To assist the Project Manager/Study Director/R&D Trials Agronomists with the maintenance and upkeep to field trials to ensure trial objectives are met and all growers are satisfied with the condition of their fields.
- At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Degree in a relevant agricultural / agromnoy/ ecological life science subject.
- Experience in dealing with clients and presenting data and answering queries.
- Experience desirable carrying out field trials in the Agricultural, Horticural and Amenity Industry.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- (Desirable) PA1 -Foundation Module of pesticides certificate PA6 - Hand Held Applicator certificate.
- Computer literate, particulularly Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson
- Field Trials