This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
R&D Test and Development Engineer
Full Time Permanent
Are you a Mechanical Engineer with a passion for developing and testing products?
Do you like to fully understand, how, what and why products perform as they do?
Are you a good problem solver?
If so, this job could be for you!
This will be a critical role relating to future developments within the business as my client are seeking to exploit new investigative and test methods to enhance their understanding of the combustion process. The successful candidate will also have potential to manage the accreditation of products to meet national in international standards.
Key Aspects of the Role
• Testing of products that are under development in support of business growth.
• Understanding the technical requirements for the Group’s products.
• Ensuring that the products are tested correctly
• Participating in and leading technical developments
• Working as part of the technical engineering team, to ensure products meet agreed performance and safety criteria.
• To attend, oversee and witness testing at external test laboratories, both in UK and Europe.
• Working closely with the Design Engineering and Lab teams you will generate new ideas that will lead to incremental and step change improvement in product performance.
• Technology investigations will include, enhanced combustion developments, heat transfer modelling, new control mechanisms, automated controls.
• Scientific analysis of products to establish the physics that govern their performance.
• Be able to explain and advise other engineers how to modify products to improve performance.
• Creating design rules that ensure high performance and allow the product to exceed minimum statutory requirements.
• Understanding of key product features that enable consistent performance measures.
• The role will be supported by other test engineers.
• Good team worker
• Excellent listening skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive self-starter with a hands on approach
• Organised with the ability to plan a project from creating a project brief through to creating a viable plan
• Structured approach to managing project work
• Ability to prioritise and work in a structured manner on own initiative
• Reliable worker with good time management skills
• Ability to demonstrate continuous learning
• Good mathematical and problem solving skills
• Experience of Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Knowledge of heat transfer
• Ability to be able to read and interpret technical specifications and standards
• Proven experience of working in an engineering, prototyping and development environment
• Practical ability to aid construction and modifications of prototype models
• Practical ability to assemble product on to test rigs and attach data recording equipment
• 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme
• Free Eye Test
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Discount
• Flexi Time
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business