CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an R&D Team Leader to join the Advanced Materials division of a North East based Contract Chemical Manufacturer on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to provide the technical management of internal and external research projects aligned with the Division’s commercial requirements, as identified by a range of business development activities such as attending trade shows, customer interactions and market research..
This position will contain a mix of Project Management and Technical Product Development as well as management of a small Research team (3-5) people. There is also a commercial development aspect involved that will require infrequent UK and International travel.
Leadership of Research Team staff
- Setting goals and managing Advanced Materials Research staff
- Identifying and implementing staff training and development plans
Management of Research Team activities
- Management of product development and delivery of new products including but not limited to graphene, boron nitride and carbon nanotubes
- Leading the development of real-world applications of our products, generating relevant applications data, using internal and external resources and expertise
Business Development and Technical Sales
- Representing the Advanced Materials Division at international trade shows and conferences
- Presenting technical papers or business development summaries in international trade shows and conferences
- Qualified a minimum Master’s Level in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or other related discipline, or equivalent experience
- A PhD and any PDRA experience in the same subjects would be highly desirable
- Keen eye for opportunities from a commercial and technical perspective
- Ability to make timely decisions exercising their technical judgement when there is ambiguity or incomplete information or data available
- Relevant experience with manufacturing and/or characterisation of nano-materials
- Experience of managing people and projects
- Track record of business development activities or commercial achievements
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like further information please feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners.
- Product Development
- Staff Management
- R&D Operations
- Carbon Nanotubes