AJ Chambers are currently representing an R&D tax specialist who are currently seeking an R&D Tax Manager for their award-winning team in London. The firm is seeking a highly academic and commercial individual who possesses previous experience in R&D tax.
As an R&D Tax Manager, you will be responsible for providing specialist advice to clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key aspect of the role will be the management and preparation of written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
In addition, you will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of cases and may also be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals and other sales activities.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process in order to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts
- Interviewing in-house technical staff in order to gain an understanding of their activities so as to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for the purposes of the reliefs being sought
- Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the calculation of the relief, including where necessary designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure
- Preparing and reviewing structured reports in support of the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief
- Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence
- Excellent academic record
- Excellent knowledge of UK R&D tax relief schemes and claim quantification
- Proven experience of managing several projects simultaneously, and experience working within a business unit with internal and external clients
- Proven experience of working independently on R&D tax relief claims for both small and large companies
- Willingness to train, supervise, manage and take responsibility for new staff joining the team
For more information on this R&D Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers
- Business Development
- R&D Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'