AJ Chambers are currently working with a Top 100 Firm, who are looking to recruit an R&D Tax Manager for their office near Barbican, London. The role would be a mixture of fee earning work and business development / marketing.
Responsibilities as an R&D Tax Manager will include:
- Leading R&D meetings with clients, building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time
- Representing the Firm at seminars, presentations and other events
- Undertaking technical and financial assessments and producing summaries
- Project management of claims such as liaison with clients, colleagues and HMRC to ensure claims are optimised and deadlines are met
- Line management of members of the R&D team and ensuring the development of the necessary skillset and career progression
- First point of contact with clients
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical and financial discussions with clients
- Revision of technical and financial assessments prepared by other members of the team
- Preparation of R&D claim financial calculations and liaison with both internal and external tax teams to ensure tax returns and computations correctly reflect the outcome of technical assessments
- Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of relevant tax legislation and guidelines
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the 'R&D’ and 'Patent Box’ website pages
- Refreshing the R&D case studies each year
- Help running the Innovation Taxes meetings
- Assistance with innovation tax related tax alerts / articles for press
- Maintaining and updating the R&D report template and patent Box calculator
- Excellent knowledge of UK R&D tax relief schemes and claim quantification
- Proven experience of managing several projects simultaneously, and experience working within a business unit with internal and external clients
- Proven experience of working independently on R&D tax relief claims for both small and large companies
- Previous experience of R&D in a relevant science or engineering sector and/or academic environment would be advantageous
- Willingness to train, supervise, manage and take responsibility for new staff joining the team
For more information on this R&D Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.
- Business Development
- Tax Advisory
- Tax Compliance
- R&D Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'