AJ Chambers are currently working with an R&D tax specialist who are currently seeking an R&D Tax Consultant for their award-winning team. The firm is seeking a highly academic individual with a relevant background in technical or financial fields.
As an R&D Tax Consultant, you will be responsible for providing specialist advice to clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key aspect of the role will be the management and preparation of written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
Duties will include:
- Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process in order to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts
- Interviewing in-house technical staff in order to gain an understanding of their activities so as to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for the purposes of the reliefs being sought
- Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the calculation of the relief, including where necessary designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure
- Preparing and reviewing structured reports in support of the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief
- Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence
- Excellent academic record
- Possess previous experience in an R&D tax role
- Relevant background in technical or financial fields
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively with researchers and developers
- Ability to explain/describe those activities (for example, to HMRC) in a clear and concise manner
For more information on this R&D Tax Consultant role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.
- R&D Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"