R&D Synthetic Organic Chemist c£24-33k +Bonus Benefits
South East AB/J5148a
A chemistry opportunity with has arisen for a high level graduate of Chemistry with some experience in synthetic organic chemistry. This is a great role for an organic chemist who wants to be involved in synthesising and analysing novel compounds to solve key challenges, current and future industry.
The role will drive key synthetic workstreams in projects encompassing a range of chemistry types including organic, polymer, inorganic and/or colloid science.
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group within and beyond laboratory work
- Provide high quality synthetic laboratory work, data collation and record keeping
- Deliver of discrete project elements within broadly agreed guidelines
- Be willing to provide recommendations on data interpretation and synthetic process development, agreeing next steps in collaboration with others.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and apply a range of synthetic & analytical methodologies to make industrially relevant, next generation materials across a range of scales (g - kg).
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standards of the group.
- Laboratory experimental work to evaluate product performance conduct harms testing and support new product commercialization.
- Recommend efficient design for and experimental formulation programmes with guidance from supervisor
- Collation and documentation of test results and other information in formats suitable for product performance representation to sales colleagues and external customers
- Participation in technical sales project / activity and reporting results and conclusions of the work as required to supervisors and leaders
- Ability to design, recommend and execute experimental programmes with guidance from a supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or a related petroleum subject.
- Technical background - significant experienced polymers, fuels, diesels and oils markets but can take from other industries pharma /materials etc.
- Exposure to multiple laboratory test methods (standard and custom)
- Excellent theoretical organic chemistry knowledge with a mindset for industrial solutions
- Awareness of cost-effective chemical design (e.g. process considerations/raw material considerations/regulatory impacts) is an advantage
- Experience of sustainable and/or green chemistry in an industrial setting desirable
- Strong safety focus including a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality risk assessments.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J5148 on (
- Organic Chemistry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'