R & D Strategic Sourcing Manager
Research and Development Global Role
Your new company
I'm working with a Global Pharmaceutical company who specialise in 4 keys areas of research and development. They pride themselves on designing products to benefits and improve quality of life. This renowned company offer you the chance to be a part of a culture where they have a passion for their employees and offer a very good development plan.
Your new role
This role is a global project based position and will require you to handle multiple R & D developments at one time. Your daily duties will require you to:
* Creates and implements a sourcing strategy that adds significant value for the business
(e.g. savings, payment terms, increased compliance/sustainability, reduced risk) and have a
high business impact.
* Plans and executes Sourcing events for strategic initiatives and tactical, ad-hoc sourcing
projects to create a competitive advantage, e.g. spend reduction, supply security and / or
time-to-market. Leads supplier negotiations, awards suppliers and conducts post negotiation
debriefs and handover to Source-2-Pay Operations / Countries.
* Develops and/or implements sourcing strategies and initiatives for his/her materials and
services, ensuring alignment, compliance with Procurement guideline, as well as other
internal/external process standards and delivery of required business performance.
* Understands business needs & engages with stakeholders to meet their priorities and
requirements and therefore, builds effective, trustful, personal relationships with key country
* Develops and drives performance improvement programs and transformation initiatives in
collaboration with the Countries Procurement, Functional Leadership and Source-2-Pay
* Manages supply agreements & contracts. Monitors and controls contractual agreements and
clauses over entire lifecycle and minimises exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function.
* Provides market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make
better business decisions. Continuously conducts detailed supplier and supply market
analysis on a global level looking at facts and indicating market trends in supply base and
* Manages supplier relationships and implements supplier management principles in supply
base, builds relationships and improves supplier performance. Incorporates company's
responsibility and commitment to sustainable business practices into category supplier
relationships and ensures compliance through reports, audits and improvement plans.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will have a proven track record of successful global procurement and be able to influence at a senior level. You will be able to demonstrated this will years of relevant procurement experience and your background of excellent processes and methodologies.
Other expectations of the right candidate profile will be:
* Master or equivalent degree in science, engineering or business management
* Change Management and Project Management
* Financial Acumen
* Strategic mind-set
* Strong Analytical decision making
* Result orientation
* Passion for functional excellence
* High proficiency level in English
* Solid understanding of clinical research activities and services, ideally gained at a major
pharmaceutical company or Contract Research Organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'