RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER (CONSUMER ELECTRONICS)
£62,000 - £67,000
BENEFITS: CAR ALLOWANCE/COMPANY CAR, 20% BONUS SCHEME, FLEXIBLE WORKING, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PRIVATE MEDIAL INSURANCE, EXCELLENT PENSION SCHEME, FREE ON-SITE PARKING.
About the role
Our innovative industry leading global award winning client is currently looking for an experience Project Manager to join their hardworking, dedicated and friendly team in Weybridge.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to the design, development and optimisation of new product development in view of meeting existing and future company business plans, strategies and requirements.
The successful candidate will ideally have an engineering related background or qualification and have experience working within a research and development related environment managing projects, working to a quality management system framework.
- Lead the design, validation, specification and implementation of new products, collaborating and liaising with different departments and cross functional teams
- Provide expertise on materials and processes to deliver acceptable products and prototypes, in line with overall company and project objectives.
- Assess design of product features for manufacturing, providing recommendations for capable processes and equipment.
- Develop product design controls and perform to meet project milestones and agreed timelines/targets.
- Liaise and work closely with suppliers to define and refine tooling, fixtures and other requirements.
- Support the transfer of new products into the live manufacturing process.
- Support the process of continuous product improvement, including root cause analysis, corrective action plans, cost optimization, implementation of new manufacturing techniques.
- Previous R&D project management experience (ideally in the consumer electronics industry)
- Good IT skills - Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communicator (fluent English, verbal and written)
- Strong time management skills, able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Engineering related qualification (highly useful)
- Fluent in another language (useful)
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job