An R&D Polymer Scientist with expertise in oilfield applications is required to join one of the world's major suppliers of speciality and emulsion polymers, supporting leadership positions in many market segments, including coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex for gloves. The company is active in all major industrial regions of the globe: Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
As the successful candidate you will work in a newly built state of the art technical facility and join a company offering excellent career growth potential where you will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the opportunity to make a material difference to the future of the business.
The team you will be joining works at the front-end of the innovation cycle to identify trends or unmet needs across a range of applications, developing technical solutions to support growth and diversification.
Working closely with Business Development and R&D teams you will help drive the development of new technology platforms in the oil & gas group and will: deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products. You will bring proven experience of identifying markets and understanding evolving customer needs as well as a strong technical pedigree to translate ideas into products.
Purpose of the job:
- Identify business opportunity gaps and build objective business cases for new development projects in consultation with Technical and Commercial colleagues.
- Help drive ideas generation and concept assessment to ensure the value proposition meets the business needs.
- To Plan, deliver and administer projects from the company's new Product Development system, including pilot and production phases to launch.
- Provide expert support to Operations, Customers and R&D related to the chemistry, processing and applications of the company's products.
- To have comprehensive understanding of the company's technologies, products & applications with a view to developing new growth opportunities.
- To support the development and training of laboratory personnel to ensure the company's high standards are maintained.
- Lead and manage direct reports to ensure a high quality of day-to-day work output (if applicable)
Qualified to a relevant technical chemistry degree or PhD, hold strong expertise in oilfield applications (fluid loss testing, formulation, rheology), experience working with organic polymer s, you will possess significant experience of market driven product development, be a team player able to communicate at all levels including market and customer contact, as well as possessing an innovative and determined approach.
R&D Polymer Scientist - Oilfield Applications - Organic Polymers - NPD - Coatings - Permanent - Essex - £Comp + bonus + pension
- oil & gas
- R&D chemist
- additive formulation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'